What We Do
Terrafore Technologies LLC (Terrafore) is a Minnesota-based consulting and technology development company, active in the fields of energy efficiency and renewable energy with a specific focus on Thermal Energy Storage (TES) for Concentrating Solar Thermal Power (CSP) plants.
- Terrafore’s encapsulated thermal storage reduces cost of storing thermal energy towards meeting Department of Energy’s SunShot cost goal.
- Terrafore displayed their innovative phase change capsules for storing thermal energy at the 2014 ARPA-E Transformative Energy Solutions Summit Showcase (Booth 838) held in Washington DC on February 24-26, 2014.
Read this article in IEEE Spectrum
- Terrafore’s dynamic mathematical models of various CSP – TES configurations using various Thermal Energy Storage and Solar Receivers (Solar Tower, Parabolic Trough and Linear Fresnel) to be used to study the dynamic response to different utility dispatch profile, such as regulation, ramp rate, and day-ahead schedule utility profiles, on California Utility Grid.
- Terrafore provides molten salt expertise for design of 2-tank thermal storage for the 100 MW Crescent Dunes solar thermal project under construction at Tonopah, Nevada.
- Terrafore uses TerraKline, a predictive controller to reduce thermocline degradation in a dual media of granite and molten salt.